Friday 10 October 2014

Shopping and Football

Eating healthily as per usual (see photo) 

Well, OK I went to the local store and bought three things with vaguely silly names.
It has to be said that FC Barcelona are welcome to their official African beer. It tastes like, looks like and ultimately reverts to a liquid akin to duck piddle. It also gives no pleasure to anyone on its journey.

And talking of premiership football, have you ever wondered what happened to your "2013 Champions' League, 2nd Round, Away"  replica strip for which you ponied up £85?

Well, as we know it was made by poor people in the third world and then sold to you for a huge profit. But what to do when your heroes have been unceremoniously trounced and the missus tells you to throw it out? You can't very well use it for dusters because it generates more static than a Cat 5 hurricane and anyway, could you really mop up cat plops with it?

Well, drop it off at Oxfam and magically, it ends up in Africa...on the backs of the very poor again. See? Circle of Life / Hakuna Matata / Piso Mojado and all that.

Honestly, if I had a pound for every lad I've seen extolling me to Fly Emirates, I'd be able to afford to. From a pretty unrigourous study, I'd say the two most popular teams in the remainders bin would seem to be :

Fly Emirates / Arsenal
Etihad / MCFC

Strangely, the Glasier family team are not that common nor are any teams from Merseyside. 

And I'll bring back a hippo and keep him in the shed if I see a Hatters strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.