Saturday 11 October 2014

FM! It's Frank Sinatra

As I was leaving Mwanza this morning, I could hear a tinny, scratching sound but didn't think much of it. A short while later, I found myself singing a Frank Sinatra number which is a bit odd because, whilst no one can deny he's a legend, he's not a particular favourite of mine. Then I realised I could actually hear Frank singing!

I think I'd read somewhere that, when you die, it's quite common to hear Frank Sinatra and he did seem to be singing to me from down a long tunnel. Clearly, he was beckoning me over to the other side.

Well, the sun was shining and I figured that if this was death, it was a pleasant enough prospect and I would go along with it.

Being a bit OCD, I thought I'd better stop and fill up in readiness for the afterlife. On removing my helmet, I could hear the tinny noise again.....

Aside 1
Before leaving Kampala, I was nagged into buying a cheap Ugandan phone, coz my Samsung, as ever, is acting up.
However, since the SIM only works in a country which I left a week ago, it's been as much use as a carpet fitter's ladder and has languished in a top pocket of my jacket.

Aside 2
When I left my hotel this morning, the security guard was admiring my jacket and when he discovered that it had armour sewn in, took to punching it. 

Anyway, back at the limbo petrol station, I found the noise was coming from the top pocket of my jacket. The security guard had accidentally turned on my cheap Nokia's FM radio.

So I'm not dead and Frank isn't serenading me from beyond the veil - It was just the Mwanza FM Breakfast Show request spot.

Sort of a shame, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.