Monday 13 October 2014

Ferry, Cross Da Mwanza

As sung by that rather middle-classed Merseyside band, Gerry and the Breadmakers.

This is the bike, quietly tucked away on a ferry across the Mwanza gulf. It's the Busisi - Kikongo ferry, the alternative being a 200km detour. You'll notice that I'm taking the photo from the "back" of the boat (Stop me if I use too many nautical terms). This is so that, when the captain realises he's forgotten to put the plug in or something equally vital, I can swim with a school of happy hippos back to shore.

Safety regulations weren't quite as front and centre as they are in Europe.

All very amusing until, on the way out of Mwanza, I passed the rather sweet memorial to 100 or so who died when a previous Ferry sunk. 

Sorry for the lack of kittens. Next time, deffo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.