Friday 10 October 2014

It's the little differences.....

Example?

Well I've eaten a lot of goat of late and in Uganda and Rwanda it has usually been in a sauce/curry/stew format.

Stung by a hotel-wide cheese shortage which prevented me having "Tanzanian Fishy Welsh Rarebit" (seriously), I once again plumped for something goat-ee

Unlike the usual chewy bits of chevre cassoulet, what turned up was basically a road accident involving Gordon the goat. He'd just been scraped up and put in a dish. I fondly imagined some degree of butchery was practiced here but what I got was a goat kit.

Ill equipped for an autopsy, with a blunt knife and a spoon, I tried in vain to reconstruct his last hours but all I came up with was:

              Bleat Honk Splat

And I'm not overly certain about the Honk part.

Still, it was a top sauce and I'm sure the left over bits will reappear in future meals

Sorry Gordon.

Vincent

PS. I would have taken a photo but it was horrifically graphic and besides, my hoots of laughter and calling out for the "crash team" had already given away the fact that I wasn't taking my meal seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.