Friday 10 October 2014

Bread and Water

Tanzania - Yay!

I'm staying in a German Hill Fort which dates from the last decades of the 19th century.

However, in a moment of abstraction, I confused my currencies at the border and only got £18 worth of Tanzanian Shillings. I can't find another ForEx and the smaller rural ATMs don't work with UK cards.
Fortunately, my room tonight is £4. I've just splashed out a whole £7 to fuel up the bike until Mwanza so I have ~£6 for a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins' Ugali Shop. A bit less now that I've bought water for teeth cleaning.

Breakfast today was an omelette and two dry bread rolls so I think I'll have a fasting day today and get to Mwanza ASAP tomorrow.

Oh and I did stop for a bottle of Fanta en route. This fella and two of his mates were guarding the shop entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.