Friday 3 October 2014

Pre flight checks

A rather dull one I'm afraid:

Pretty good flight down and got to bed at 2am. Woken at 5am by a family of hornbills (Harry, Hermione, Hagrid and Hinckley-Point) engaged in a Who Can Squawk The Loudest competition
I turned on the light to add emphasis to my hornbill haranguing but no electricity.... and indeed, still none at 7pm as I type this. All very well having hi tech phones but no power - no network.

I then met up with Ian and now have temporary ownership of a cracking KLR 650. A quick test ride through Kampala (including a presidential visit and a police holiday) convinced me that I haven't fully understood the East African highway code yet. The traffic, and indeed it's effects on me, are best described as "brownian"

Still, a last bit of shopping tomorrow morning (new underwear) and I should be good to go

And for those who care about such things. I'd reckon Hagrid won

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.